The third and final day of the seminar Friday is all about inspiration! Join us for a day of enlightening speeches and workshops.
Session 1: Creativity and innovations in creating solutions
The purpose of this session is to explore together with interested companies, universities and labs how user- or customer driven thinking (e.g. Design Thinking) can be used in innovation processes or elaborating future product or service offerings for demanding customers like CERN. The focus will be on how to engage and benefit from using cross-disciplinary university student teams in challenge-driven student projects such as CBI, PDP or ME310. Researchers from HIP, CERN, and elsewhere are invited to join in the ideation sessions. The goal, or outcome, of the session is a rough outline for potential student project assignments that could be offered for above-mentioned instances.
The morning is structured as follows:
- Introduction to the purpose and goals of the Session;
- Introduction to IdeaSquare and CBI/PDP type of student courses;
- Examples of challenge-driven student projects and assignments;
- Introduction to Helsinki “Bootcamp” initiative for June, 2018
- Identification of key topics or challenges session participants would be interested in student teams addressing;
- Presentation of results, (round table) discussion.
This session will be led by the IdeaSquare team (Markus Nordberg, Joona Kurikka), with strong participation and support from Laurea (Virpi Kaartti, Jukka Ojasalo) and HIP.